[OSM-talk] error while parsing 412 precondition fail

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat Jun 23 15:35:11 BST 2007

In message <000601c7b5a1$cb6f4e60$8d8ce904 at lewisb1911ad6e>
          "lewispusey" <lewispusey at earthlink.net> wrote:

> What is "error while parsing 412 precondition fail" during a JOSM upload
> and what should I know or do to rectify ther problem?Lewis

It means that the change you were trying to upload would have broken
the referential consistency of the database in some way - like deleting
a node that was in use by a segment.

Most likely all you need to do is update josm to the latest version - if
the one you have is more than a week old then it tries to delete things
in the wrong order and will provoke this error.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/