[OSM-talk] SVG icon for amenity:shelter

Martin Simon ms_mailbox at web.de
Sat Nov 3 10:21:03 GMT 2007

Hi list!

I've tagged various amenity:shelter since I started contributing to OSM but
they never got rendered on Mapnik or t at h.

So yesterday I sat down, did "apt-get install inkscape", looked at the
proposed Icon layout at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/WikiProject_Pictograms and designed a
shelter icon.

It comes in two versions (b/w and coloured) as well as with and without a fire
symbol to indicate that the shelter includes a fireplace(there seems
no "official" way of tagging those yet, I used "amenity:shelter
fireplace:yes").

It would be cool if this would find its way into t at h soon to make it more
useful for hikers (weather's really bad right now where I live ;-) ).

I remember that some time ago someone sent a SVG icon for toilets to the list
and someone here with svn access uploaded it, so I simply attached the .svg
files plus a .png showing how this coul look in osmarender. :-)
(I used 18x18px, the same size the parking symbol is rendered at. seems to
work.)

Please tell me what you think of it!

-Martin