[OSM-talk] Anonymous edits

Tue Nov 20 10:16:09 GMT 2007

Anonymous editing is now disabled in Potlatch.* If you want to edit
the map, you have to have clicked "Make my data public".

More at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Disabling_anonymous_edits .

Obviously this adds an extra, non-intuitive step to the learning
process, so I look forward to "make my data public" becoming the
default, and the rest of the API also imposing a restriction. Then I
can contact those JOSM users who insist on drawing rural roads at 1
node per 500m. :)

cheers
Richard

* or will be once the latest commit is deployed