[OSM-talk] addressing

Elena of Valhalla elena.valhalla at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 07:11:02 GMT 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 1:07 AM, Christoph Eckert <ce at christeck.de> wrote:
> though I attended the workshop where we developed the scheme, I think we
> meanwhile could do better. Using the proposal of a street relation[1], we
> could easily make linking housenames to streets much more robust and
> reliable. Just add the nodes with the house names to those relations.

that sounds elegant and solves the problem I had yesterday when trying
to add some street numbers to a street made of many small ways that
branch from the main one, i.e. something like this:

  |         |
  |  |      |

there is now at least one such relation on the map :)

http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.79049&lon=8.85152&zoom=16&layers=0B00FTF

An even better alternative would probably be to add the collected
street relation to the associatedStreet one, but I'm not sure there is
support for relations in relations in the api / editors

--
Elena of Valhalla

homepage: http://www.trueelena.org
email: elena.valhalla at gmail.com