[OSM-talk] Installation on local PC

Tokajac imre_tokai at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 26 18:59:42 GMT 2008

Hello!

My aim is to set up Openstreetmap on my local PC. I've reached this step:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapnik#Rendering_with_Mapnik

and i can't execute from Cygwin:
$ source ./set-mapnik-env
$ ./customize-mapnik-map >$MAPNIK_MAP_FILE

Here is the error message:
Execution of PostgresSQL by a user with administrative permissions is not
permitted.
The server must be started under an unprivileged user ID to prevent possible
system security compromises. See the documentation for more information how
to properly start the server

Any idea how to solve this administrative permissions problem?

Regards