[OSM-talk] [OSM-talk-nl] Recent Edits

Lambertus osm at na1400.info
Mon Jan 28 09:30:12 GMT 2008

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Jan 28, 2008 9:46 AM, Martijn van Exel <mvexel at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That's very nice! I'm looking foorward to this.
>>
>> Next step would be to add flagging functionality to the map, to enable
>> the general public to flag locations where something is not right (out
>> of date, misplaced,...)
>
> I made a start here:
> http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~kleptog/bugs.html
> and there's another prototype around by some others. What needs to be
> finished is the backend storage, and, most importantly you need a way
> to display the resulting notes. OpenLayers doesn't currently have a
> layer that is going to handle thousands of such notes on the map. What
> you need is something like:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/OpenLayers_Dynamic_POI
>
> Which will only fetch the stuff that's in your area, but that code is
> a complete hack and there are better ways of doing it, it just hasn't
> been written yet.

I have some code for the Garmin download site that determines which
maptiles reside within a given OL Vector bounding box on the serviside.
If you're interested I could mail you that.

Not sure if the code will be considered a hack or not though ;-) It's
probably comparable to the OL example above (haven't looked at it).