[OSM-talk] Yet another street number scheme

Matias D'Ambrosio angasule at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 19:33:35 BST 2008

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 14:37:29 Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Regarding street numbers: I'm very interested in adding them (as it so
> happens, I noticed their lack when looking for specific direction in
> Buenos Aires where indeed the block number is often used instead of the
> cross-street) and find this discussion interested, but I'm having
> trouble understanding it, because I don't know how to enter relations
> in JOSM.  Is there somewhere a primer "how to add street numbers in
> JOSM", which could show the different steps to follow, depending on
> whether we use the Karlsruhe scheme or some other scheme?
 Apparently (I don't use JOSM much), you have to select the road and node(s)
you want in the relationship, then click on a button at the bottom of the
right pane that looks like a '+' over a gear (the tooltip reads "Create a new
relation"). A dialog will appear, the leftmost button of the group of five
reads "Add Selected", though by default it can't be read since the dialog is
too small. In that same dialog you can edit the roles and add tags.