[OSM-talk] YOURS now supports route using only cycleroutes - Update
osm at na1400.info
Wed Sep 24 14:04:24 BST 2008
There are a few updates to report, partly as a result of this thread:
- The cycle networks layer now calculate routes without the need for the
'to' and 'from' coordinates to be near a cycle route. Also, gaps in
cycle networks/routes won't break navigation anymore. Minor downside to
this is that routing only has a preference to cycle routes but also
regularly takes shortcuts using non-cycle routes if they are
significantly shorter. This behavior is tweakable though.
- Registered a domain for YOURS: http://www.yournavigation.org.
- Use different icons for the 'to' and 'from' markers ('from': green,
- Changed the 'edit map' button to an 'edit map' permalink on the map.
- Added a route 'reverse' button. It works pretty obvious: 'to' becomes
'from' and vice versa after which a new route is calculated.
- Route calculation now also covers the whole of the American continent.
More information about the talk