[OSM-talk] [Announce] OSMF license change vote has started

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 5 23:18:21 GMT 2009

Tom Hughes schrieb:
> On 05/12/09 22:44, Ulf Lamping wrote:
>> Tom Hughes schrieb:
>>
>>> Polling the OSMF members is just the first stage - there will another
>>> vote later when all contributors will be asked whether they want to
>>> relicense.
>>
>> With a gun at their head: "Refuse: After the migration (currently 26th
>> February 2010), your contributions will not be included in ODbL licensed
>> downloads and you will not be able to continue contributing.".
>
> My understanding is that after all contributors have been invited to
> agree to relicensing the board will make a decision about whether to go
> ahead which will obviously have to take into account the proportion of
> contributors who have agreed to relicense.

So translated: If you do not agree to what the OSMF wants, the OSMF will
remove the data that you have collected over the last years. Maybe there
are too many not willing to change, then we have to talk again.

Don't you see that this is a complete inappropriate way to deal with an
open community?

Regards, ULFL