[OSM-talk] Move the Map

Jonas Krückel osm at jonas-krueckel.de
Mon Jun 15 18:39:02 BST 2009

Frederik Ramm schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Ed Loach wrote:
>
>> Peter wrote:
>>
>>> there has been a quite lively debate on talk-de about the
>>> appearance of the openstreetmap.org page to "newcomers" to the
>>>
>> project
>>
>> The front page design was mentioned here in early March, and pointed
>> to a wiki page where there was some brief discussion:
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Front_Page
>>

> Every single design that was thrown around at the time had the map very
> prominently on the front page.

I like the idea of a small or even bigger bubble over the map, when you
enter the website the first time (see example 1, 3, 6)
This also could be a compromise between the three-column design and the
current design.
Personally i also like the three-column design quite a lot. It would
need some kind of update with the history and other things of course,
but it would be a base to think about further designs in this direction.

Jonas