[OSM-talk] Tagging dangerous areas

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 12:10:44 BST 2009

There are many areas that nearly everyone agrees is unsafe, even the
residents.

But more importantly, there is a reasonable amount of subjective stuff in
OSM already e.g. permissive footways across vacant land, residential vs.
living_street in countries were there's no seperate legal classification,
how many segments should be used to describe a corner. And although
wikipedia has many rules, a lot of it's content is subjective e.g. what is
notable, when can a blog be cited.

People learn to deal with it.