[OSM-talk] Should Bridges be independent of their ways?

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Sun Sep 20 21:09:27 BST 2009

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 3:03 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 2009/9/21 Anthony <osm at inbox.org>:
>>
> > I'm not talking about where passing is allowed, I'm talking about where
>> > turning is allowed.  In any case, once again there appear to be no
>> > intersections or places to turn, in which case it doesn't really matter.
>>
>> the link above you can only cross the road depending on the lane you are
>> in.
>>

> You'll have to show me an intersection with such lines, or the law.  This
> looks to me like a passing restriction.

Okay, I looked up the law.  A double white continuous line is equivalent to
our double double yellow line.  You may not pass across it, and you may not
enter or leave the road across it (such as at a driveway).  So I would
represent that as a dual carriageway, at least in any situation where
routing software might otherwise direct someone to cross it (such as when
making a right turn into a driveway).