[OSM-talk] Bing imagery now available in JOSM

Sebastian Klein bastikln at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 2 06:59:01 GMT 2010

Sebastian Klein wrote:
> andrzej zaborowski wrote:
>> On 1 December 2010 13:53, Jo <winfixit at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It works great, a bit odd that it's not under WMS that the source
>>> needs to
>>> be added, but I managed to get it to work.
>>
>> Instead of slippmymap plugin you can use (although it's much slower)
>> the wmsplugin with the following url:
>>
>> html:http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wmsplugin/VirtualEarthSat.html?
>
> This method is not approved. We must show the Bing logo and a list of
> map providers on the map to comply with the terms of use. The wms plugin
> doesn't show this attribution yet.
>
> We'll make an announcement on the josm-dev list when it is ready, but I
> don't know if anyone is working on it right now...

User Upliner has created an Imagery plugin that combines the slippymap
and the wms plugin:

http://www.mail-archive.com/josm-dev@openstreetmap.org/msg04025.html

As it supports offset correction for Bing imagery, the javascript method
using wmsplugin shouldn't be necessary any more. (Except for Yahoo,
which is also included in the new Imagery plugin.)

Sebastian