[OSM-talk] Haiti field reqs : Port au Prince Search And Rescue sectors shapefile for import in osm

Peteris Krisjanis pecisk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 20:04:15 GMT 2010

2010/1/17 Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivan at sanchezortega.es>:
> El Domingo, 17 de Enero de 2010, nicolas chavent escribió:
>> Hi there
>>
>> > Ideal if an import of the Port au Prince Search And Rescue sectors
>> > shapefile can be managed. This would complement the current gps extracts
>> > and turns these resources into a tremendous assets for Search And Rescue
>> > teams
>>
>>      shp downloadable at http://finder.geocommons.com/overlays/20424
>
> Seems like user pecisk already uploaded this, altough the boundaries do not
> match perfectly in some areas.

Yes, I did this. Now we need enter info details for each sector like
number, which team covers it, etc. I believe it is more believable
that some areas has some offset, as we still don't have properly
aligned satphotos.

http://finder.geocommons.com/overlays/20424 has csv and kml and now I
will try to tag each sector. Anyone can join me to help.

Cheers,
Peter.