[OSM-talk] GroundTruth Planet Contour - Super script

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 10:21:28 BST 2010

Hi everyone, I know that this is slightly off-topic, however, this is
something that everyone who uses a Garmin GPS that uses IMG files,
needs & uses when traveling in areas, as a contour map is needed.

Right now, i manually making the 1x1 degree contour map IMG files for
Japan.  (as a break from all of Canada)  (at a set 10m interval)
using this basic DOS script, and manually changing the ComputerTeddy
tile #'s and bounding box & the name of the tile area (using a
recognizable location within the tile area).

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Acrosscanadatrails#MapSource_Contours

Does anyone know of a way to run a script that will process the entire
planet & host them on a server somewhere (just as the ComputerTeddy
OSM tile data is)?   It would certainly be a great benefit to have
this as a resource for people.  ... and this will only be a 1-time
process, as the contour source doesn't change that fast.
  I'm planning on using archive.org & medafire.com to host the Canada
Data, as the tile names & numbering system is already defined in it's
own NTS form.

Again sorry for the off topic,
Hopefully someone can help make this happen.

Sam

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blogs: http://acrosscanadatrails.posterous.com/
http://Acrosscanadatrails.blogspot.com
Skype: samvekemans
IRC: irc://irc.oftc.net #osm-ca Canadian OSM channel (an open chat room)
@Acrosscanadatrails