[OSM-talk] Satellite Imagery of South America

Vitor George vitor.george at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 14:56:47 BST 2010

Hi there,

Because of the mapping we are doing in the states affected by flooding in
northeastern Brazil, we had direct contact with INPE, and we were informed
that the satellite images of the CBERS 2B HRC can be used to perform mapping
in OpenStreetMap.

The images cover the whole South America in a resolution of 2.7m, black and
white, and are extremely useful to map locations out of large cities.

The big problem is that these images are not geo-referenced, so I'm
wondering if we can setup a web-service to crowdsource this work, based on
gps tracks and other satellite imagery.

The image catalog can be accessed here:

http://www.dgi.inpe.br/CDSR/

Vitor