[OSM-talk] license change map

Fabian Schmidt fschmidt at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Nov 11 16:41:43 GMT 2010

As the license thermometer[1] turns greener I was interested in how far
this already effects the map data. So using the planet history I took a
closer look on the ways.

So far 3700 mappers agreed to the new license. Out of 68 million ways 46%
are created and edited only by people who did accept the ODBL. 42% were
not edited by a proponent of ODBL, the remaining 12% of the ways have a
mixed history. You will find a map of the ways colored according to their
license (red = CCBYSA, green = ODBL, yellow = partly ODBL) at
   http://osm.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/map/

Fabian.

[1] http://matt.dev.openstreetmap.org/treemap.png