[OSM-talk] MapSource crashes with custom OSM-Map
pherison at web.de
Sun Oct 24 14:33:21 BST 2010
I tried several instructions from the web but all failed. When starting
MapSource (6.13.7) or at least selecting my self made map, MapSource
What have I tried so far:
- I created a OSM-Map for a special project. As I was worried about
special tags I used in this OSM-File I created a simple testfile
(test.osm) with 2 nodes and 1 way (highway=unclassified) to continue
I changed the negativ IDs (as the data will never be uploaded to
OSM-Server) by search&replace to make sure the file looks like it came
from the API (test_id.osm).
- I used [code]C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\mkgmap-r1625>java -ea -jar
mkgmap.jar -n Test --verbose "..\GPX Namibia 2010\test_id.osm"[/code] to
create a IMG-File. (mkmap.jar v1625)
- I renamed test_id.img into 12345678.img to...
- ...install the map in MapSource via MapsetToolkit (1.77b) /
I tried different options with MT:
- Different FamilyIDs
- Different ProductCodes
- Different Draw priority
- Different Transparent settings
- Installation w/o "Blank overview maps"
According to a suggestion in the forum I tried to install an already
I tried (as described on http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:O …
MapSource) the Germany-Map from Comouterday:
- Download from http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/misc/openstreet … chland.tgz
- Unzip (2x)
- Install as described --> Works!
The difference is, that I used the install button rather than the
start-button in MapsetToolkit.
I tried the same with my test.osm and test_id.osm:
- Generaded all necessary files via
C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\mkgmap-r1625>java -ea -jar mkgmap.jar -n Test
--index --tdbfile --family-id=4444 "..\GPX Namibia 2010\test.osm"
- ...and installed as above described via MT.
Result: MapSource doesn't crash anymore when I select the OSM-Map but
there is nothing on the map sad
Any more idear?
Here is the OSM-File I use for testing:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<osm version='0.6' generator='JOSM'>
<node id='2' visible='true' lat='-22.447968132018513'
<node id='1' visible='true' lat='-22.447511031343048'
<way id='3' action='modify' visible='true'>
<nd ref='1' />
<nd ref='2' />
<tag k='highway' v='unclassified' />
More information about the talk