[OSM-talk] Underground / hovering buildings

Andrew Guertin andrew.guertin at uvm.edu
Mon Feb 14 21:26:59 GMT 2011

I have a few buildings that are not simply at ground level, and I can't
find how to map them on the wiki.

First off, a skywalk between two buildings. Nothing fancy, although it
does go over a road.

Second, an underground building. Connects to other buildings that are at
ground level and have basements.

Third, a building with a courtyard, and a basement that also extends
below the basement.

Fourth a building that has been built into a cliff. At the top of the
cliff, on top of the building, are roads and sidewalks and things.

Fifth, a building on a hill, with entrances variously on the third,
second, and first floor. One of the second floor entrances leads out
onto a "green roof", which has grass planted on it and connects to the
ground, but reaches out farther than the hill would naturally.

Are there accepted ways to enter any of these buildings? If there's not
an accepted way, any thoughts on what I should do?

Thanks,
Andrew