[OSM-talk] Navigon to Sell OpenStreetMap POIs Packages for PNDs

davespod osmlists at dellams.fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 14 13:29:26 BST 2011

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/Navigon-Add-22-Million-POIs-To-SatNav-Devices--1060.php

An interesting development. If I understand things correctly (and assuming
CC-by-SA holds water for data), they can charge for these derived data sets,
but they would still have to be CC-by-SA, and so anyone who bought one could
then redistribute without charge. Does that sound right?

David

P.S. If they have de-duplicated these, as they claim, perhaps it is worth
getting our hands on as a resource for cleaning up the database...