[OSM-talk] Fwd: [PLOTS] Google connects with Public Laboratory Map Archive

Jeffrey Warren jeff at publiclaboratory.org
Tue Apr 17 20:43:05 BST 2012

see especially the Gowanus Canal (!!!!): http://g.co/maps/ds8bs - and check
out the credit line!

These were all public domain maps, not CC-BY, which many Public Lab
contributors' maps are. But it's still great to see uptake by big players.
One wonders if they'd accept CC-BY maps. Maybe we can put a big banner with
"CC-BY" on it in each map... :-)

Also i have to mention, this being the OSM community -- these are raster
maps -- aerial images, not vector data. i.e. not a competitor!