[OSM-talk] How to move Potlatch map to specific coordinates whilst editing (without zooming out)?

Spod OSM spodosm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 09:25:58 BST 2012

Is there any way to move the map to a specific coordinates whilst
editing in Potlatch and stay at the same zoom level?

I know 1 way, which is to enter the coordinates into the "search" box,
select the coordinates item from the search list and then say "Cancel"
when it asks if you want to "move away form the current page". A bit
clunky, but it does work, but unfortunately the zoom level it then
chooses for the new coordinates is quite small, so it then tries to
download vast amounts of data (which can cause crashes/restarts of
Potlatch or use up all the "allowable bandwidth"). This method would
be liveable with if it didn't zoom out so much.

Is there any easier way to do this that I haven't noticed?

Thanks,
Spod