[OSM-talk] Google Summer of Code Time Again! (Need Project Ideas)

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Tue Feb 12 00:05:11 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I'm one of the organization administrators for Google Summer of Code
(GSoC) this year. As a reminder or for those not aware GSoC is a
program organized by Google to pay students stipends to work on
projects within various open source projects. Organizations apply to
be accepted and then are allocated students based on those students
proposals.

One of the very important aspects of this is projects coming up with
potential project ideas. That is where I need your help.

I've created a template page where projects can be added:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2013/Project_Ideas

If you would like to see what was brainstormed in past years that is
available here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Category:Google_Summer_of_Code_ideas

Also if you are interested in getting involved in GSoC in other ways
such as mentoring and reviewing student proposals please let me know.

Best,

-Kate