[OSM-talk] Donation drive complete?

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Tue Jun 25 17:34:58 UTC 2013

On 25 June 2013 14:25, Tom Morris <tom at tommorris.org> wrote:
> http://donate.openstreetmap.org/server2013/ tells me that the server fund is now 102.36% complete.

The donation drive has been a phenomenal success. Thank you to all who
have donated! We have already put the funds to good use: Database
server ordered and delivered + "services" server on order (not an
exciting machine, but it runs our internal network filesystem and
other important background services.)

Since the drive has been so successful, we would like to bring forward
other planned hardware upgrades, and improve the OSM service even
further. To cover these we are extending the target by £32,500.

Planned:
* Routing API servers
* Additional Networking Capacity (faster, more reliable access)
* Additional Tile Server Infrastructure (quicker & more responsive
tiles, globally)
* Additional Redundancy (stuff breaks much less often)
* Extending hardware contingency fund (when stuff breaks it comes back quicker)

/ Grant
Part of the OSM sysadmin team