[OSM-talk] strange gaps filled by water at zoomlevel 18

Pavel Melnikov positron96 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 15:38:17 UTC 2013

 Hello again everybody!
I'm continuing exploration about that water bug, and I've found the limit
of that effect, which is a huge 200km*2000km rectangle :
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?box=yes&bbox=81.23549%2C54.060041%2C85.627667%2C68.841992
Some edge pictures are:
East
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=55.27545&lon=85.627667&zoom=18&layers=M
South
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=54.08514&lon=83.40566&zoom=18&layers=M
West
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=58.858448&lon=81.23549&zoom=18&layers=M
North
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=68.841992&lon=82.550755&zoom=18&layers=M
I've found no strange geometry at the edges of the rectangle, and the edges
do not always coinside with tiles edges (see this for example:
http://b.tile.openstreetmap.org/18/190225/73869.png)

So the problem affects not only my city, but a huge 2000x200km area, and I
have no idea how to locate the error. Any suggestions here?