[OSM-talk] List: Densely Mapped Areas

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri May 24 19:51:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 24.05.2013 18:30, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> By the way you do realize that Cameroon and other equatorial areas have
> a significant advantage to higher latitudes in this measurement.  So it
> might be prudent to not only say 'FSVO mapped' but also 'FSVO densely'.

I re-did the list with "nodes per square kilometre", although this also
renders the basic idea of looking at z16 meta tiles kind of arbitrary.

Here's the result:

http://fred.dev.openstreetmap.org/density/sqkm.html

Cameroon still features near the top but France has grabbed the first
four spots.

Someone said that taking the area into account should improve the
results for Indonesia; either I did something wrong ior the opposite is
the case - Indonesia featured at #23 before and has now dropped
completely off the list.

Bye
Frederik