[Tilesathome] Maximum distance between nodes for tile rendering

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Wed Nov 26 22:57:50 GMT 2008

> Since editors use arbitrary bounding boxes for downloading data
> this
> will be a hard thing to do.

And it seems renderers. The ferry route from Harwich to somewhere on the European mainland rendered OK in Mapnik but not in Osmarender/T at H. I think I mentioned it here before. The suggestion was to put at least one node in each tile and that seemed to work, though I did have problems aiming a node in the tiles where the route passed only marginally through one corner (though I believe from what I've read today that the JOSM plugin would show the grid, I was using Potlatch to switch from the Osmarender view which showed gaps to edit mode to shift+click to add nodes).

Anyway, if you can manage it, I find at least one node per tile the most reliable solution.

Ed