[Accessibility] path designed for visually impaired

Lulu-Ann at gmx.de Lulu-Ann at gmx.de
Wed Nov 24 08:54:27 GMT 2010

Hello List,
hello fabrice,

can you upload a photo for the wiki, please?
Can our native speakers propose a word how to tag that?

I think tactile_paving=yes is fine, but maybe we find a tactile_paving="whatever" that makes it even clearer.
I don't think this word exists, but it is like a ground rail,

By the way, a handrail for outside is not very nice, because you will want to follow the tactile elements with the white cane, not with the hand.
So watch out if a handrail has an open or closed bottom

Regards
Lulu-Ann

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 23:28:59 +0100
> Von: Fabrice Phung <fabrice at phung.fr>
> An: accessibility at openstreetmap.org
> Betreff: [Accessibility] path designed for visually impaired

> Hello,
>
> I'm an ordinary osm mapper in Brittany, France. In the city of
> Fouesnant, there are some very nice pathes (sea, birds, trees...) with
> lines designed for visually impaired people: 1 foot high line made of
> ground or wood on one side of the path.
>
> I noticed "tactile_paving=yes" but the exact definition is "A tactile
> paving is a line of different stones/shaping on a footway that has an
> easy to detect surface, often more rough than the surrounding ground." .
>
> How would you like me to identify those pathes ? Thank you for your
> answer.

GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 €/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit