[Accessibility] Translating with TranslateWiki [was: Another prize for "Look and Listen Map"]

Lulu-Ann at gmx.de Lulu-Ann at gmx.de
Mon Feb 6 09:30:46 GMT 2012

Hello List,

hello Guttorm!

Guttorm Flatabø wrote:
> Not sure what you mean with "generated texts", but translate wiki is
> primarily meant for user interface texts.

Translatewiki will probably be fine for the static user interface texts and the project had been already addressed there.

Navigation software generates sentences like "Enter the roundabout turning right and leave at 4th exit." or "Go straight ahead over 3 crossings and then turn right into high street".

This text ist not translatable easily because for instance in some languages "Straight on", "to the right" and "to the left" has different grammar, and therefor you can not just translate the parts of the sentances and put them together again.

We need something more modular that can handle grammar parameters like casus, numerus, genus.

Any proposals anybody?

Best regards
Lulu-Ann