[Accessibility] Mapping complex road junctions with pedestrian crossings

Lulu-Ann at gmx.de Lulu-Ann at gmx.de
Tue Feb 14 11:25:10 GMT 2012

Hello list members,
hello Sean,

thank you for your information and recommendation.

Actually probably the persons on this list are already aware of the fact, that sideways need to be tagged as separate ways. :-)

You are kindly and urgently asked to inform those persons on talk at openstreetmap.org , who don't believe us yet!
Maybe you want to present your results on the next "State of the Map"?

I guess you are wrong on one assumption:
There are no perfectly symmetrical junctions.
If you find one, anyone will invent a new tag in the future that makes a reason to be aware of one object that is not symmetrical.
So to reduce re-tagging it is sensible to tag even junctions, that seem to be symmetrical, with separate sideways.

This was just a fast reply, I will read your links later.

Best regards
Lulu-Ann

-------- Original-Nachricht --------