[Accessibility] HaptoRender as Master's Degree

Daniel Hänßgen daniel.haenssgen at stud.fh-hannover.de
Thu Mar 1 15:07:18 GMT 2012

Hello everyone,

some of you may already know me:
During my bachelor's degree I implemented LoroDux.
The subject of my master's degree will be HaptoRender.

Until now I couldn't read the complete archive, but I saw that Thomas
Bremer is already working on HaptoRender with MakerBot.

Design so far:
The software is going to be rendering the OSM-data to a b/w-image
which is then feed into the output device.
For those output devices I have several ideas, but they still need to
be evaluated.
Anyhow the B/W-image should be independend of the hardware.

Objective:
Creation of the map on paper in less than one hour. Hopefully
full-automatically.
An A4 sized map sould cost about the price of an color-copy at a copydshop.

Any opinions on this?

Regards
Daniel