[Accessibility] HaptoRender as Master's Degree

Daniel Hänßgen daniel.haenssgen at stud.fh-hannover.de
Wed Mar 7 13:56:42 GMT 2012

Hello everyone,

Am 02.03.2012 18:44, schrieb Dr. Thomas Bremer:
> Well, you need some vector representation independent of the hardware.
The quasi standard is STL. And yes, this is device independent and can
be used by various CAD programs.
No, I don't ;) Because my output devices are going to use bitmaps as input.

Am 02.03.2012 18:54, schrieb Guttorm Flatabø:

> I just read up about printrbot <http://printrbot.com/>, perhaps that,
> or some other reprap <http://reprap.org/> like device could be used as
> a affordable DIY printer? They seem to print in layers, so one should
> be able to just produce a thin layer.
I want to take a different approach. No 3D-Printer. At least not at the
moment. :)
If I come to the point where my first approach is going to fail... than
maybe a 3D-Printer could make a good alternative.

>     What does "on paper" mean for a tactile map?
>

> I also am curious about that :)
I want to build a device which is capable of embossing paper. Like those
Braille-Printers but not limited to emboss those 6 (or 8) dots.

As soon as I got this device working I would like to do some
"feeling-tests" (don't know a more suitable word). Of course I have
fingers too, but I'm also sighted and not used to "read" with my
fingers. I need some people to which I can send some test sheets.
Testers who like to contribute - just tell me. :)

Regards
Daniel