[Announce] Announcing help.openstreetmap.org

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat Jul 10 09:06:46 BST 2010

I'm be pleased to be able to announce a new addition to the tools
available to support the OpenStreetMap project.

The new help.openstreetmap.org site is a StackOverflow style question
and answer site where we can curate good answers to the questions people
ask about how to both use OpenStreetMap and add to OpenStreetMap.

As with StackOverflow users will earn karma which will in turn lead to
earning rights to help moderate the questions and answers to ensure that
the result is a useful knowledge base.

I suggest that people start by reading the FAQ which explains how the
site should be used and what should (and shouldn't) be there. You can
find the FAQ here:

   http://help.openstreetmap.org/faq/

and then get started asking (and answering) questions here:

   http://help.openstreetmap.org/

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)