[Announce] GPSToGo

Sam Larsen samlarsen1 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 08:44:22 BST 2011

Hi all,

We are re-invigorating the GPSToGo project [1] and we are looking for passionate
volunteers who would like to get involved in the administration of this project.
There are a number of changes we would like to make to the project, many of
which are discussed on the talk page [2].
They involve (but are not limited to):
Increasing the public profile of the project
Creating better communication between the organisers, those donating & the wider
community
Creating better visualisations & monitoring of mapping being done as a result of
the project

So if you feel you would like to get involved with the management of this
project, please add yourself to the GPSToGo admin mailing list [3].  If you
would like to be kept up to date with the latest developments in the project we
will be publishing announcements to the GPSToGo announce list [4].

We will be looking to create a small team to work on this project going forward
& work more closely with the SOTM Scholarship initiative over the coming
months.  There may also be a fortnightly irc chat session set up to generate
some momentum in the project.

Thanks,
Sam

[1] http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/GPStogo