[Announce] Website & API downtime Sunday 12th March 2017 11:00-12:00(am) UTC

Matt Amos zerebubuth at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 19:02:04 UTC 2017

Dear OpenStreetMappers,

We are planning to upgrade the software which runs the main
OpenStreetMap database. Unfortunately, we cannot do this without a
small amount of downtime. We would like to schedule this at a time
which minimises the impact it will have, and plan to conduct the
upgrade between 11:00 and 12:00 UTC on the morning of Sunday 12th
March.

We expect that the database upgrade will not take the full hour, and
we will endeavour to keep the site online for as much of that period
as possible, and have it back to normal status as quickly as possible.
However, there's always the chance for things to go wrong, so please
plan for the site to be down for the whole period.

The website and editing API will be affected, but other OSM services
including the tile server, Nominatim, wiki, help and taginfo should
continue to work as normal.

We will keep you updated through the Platform Status wiki page and
OSM_Tech twitter accounts:

* https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Platform_Status
* https://twitter.com/OSM_Tech

If you experience any problems with the API after the end of the
upgrade, please get in touch with us on the #osm IRC channel
(https://irc.openstreetmap.org/), or by sending an email to
operations at osmfoundation.org.

Apologies for any disruption this may cause and many thanks in advance
for your patience,

Operations Working Group