[Announce] Upcoming: OSM.org API maintenance - This Sunday

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Wed Feb 17 19:51:09 UTC 2021

Hi OpenStreetMap Mappers,

This Sunday 21st February 2021 from 11:00am until 12:30 GMT/UTC the
openstreetmap.org Map Edit API will be read-only during maintenance.

Edits can be saved after the maintenance has been completed.
If you like, watch https://twitter.com/OSM_Tech for updates of the
maintenance on Sunday.

We are changing how we generate replication diffs.
We are internally switching from using osmosis to
https://github.com/openstreetmap/osmdbt to generate the diffs. The
method that osmosis uses for diff generation is no longer supported in
newer releases of postgresql.

It is expected that diffs will be paused during the maintenance
window. The diffs after the maintenance will follow on from the
current diffs and no changes should be required by diff consumers.

Kind regards,

Grant
Part of the OpenStreetMap sysadmin team