[Design] Banners on the Front Page

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Mar 22 16:59:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

Steve Coast <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
> If we decide that it is open season on advertising events, I have no problem with that, but I would expect OSM PLUS to be treated equally.

I don't think that anyone advocates "open season on advertising events",
and I think that it would be rather brazen for a commercial conference
to expect free advertising on our front page just because we were to
grant such advertising to, say, SOTM-US.

I think there's a difference between stuff done by local chapters and
other nonprofits with ties to OSM, and stuff done commercially, and it
is perfectly valid for the nonprofit OSMF to make that distinction.

Bye
Frederik