[Openstreetmap-dev] xmlrpc api problems

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Sun Apr 24 14:38:19 BST 2005

* @ 24/04/05 12:34:26 PM jo at frot.org wrote:
> hello,
>
> I keep getting java exceptions from the XMLRPC API when trying to add
> a point.
> xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault 0: 'java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
> org.openstreetmap.server.osmServerHandler.addPoint(java.lang.String,
> double, double, double, int, double, double, int, int, int)'>
>
> I looked in
> ~/openstreetmap/java/src/org/openstreetmap/server/osmServerHandler.java
> and couldn't see an addPoint defined though there's one on
> ~/openstreetmap/java/src/org/openstreetmap/server/osmServerSQLHandler.java

yeah adding points over xmlrpc is REALLY SLOW so I dropped it in favour
of uploading gpx's to the box.

Is it something you really want?

Also the documentation is out of date, I was waiting till I could
install mediawiki which is now done. I'll update things to here:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/newwiki/index.php/XmlRpcInterface

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/