[Openstreetmap-dev] applet status

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Mon Aug 1 10:50:12 BST 2005

Just a quick status update on the Processing applet.

It's not quite ready yet, I'm afraid, due to circumstances beyond my control
I couldn't get started until yesterday.

But...

It loads nodes and lines from OSM, and they are editable, but they don't
save back to OSM yet.  In an effort to keep it as simple as possible, I
threw out panning and zooming for the first release, so it basically looks
exactly like Steve's ruby generated images.  Including the nasa background.
This means we can make an identical looking page, just with editing
controls.

I'm experimenting with Lars' suggestion for colouring roads according to
age.  Any edits you make in a particular session are logged and highlighted,
and there will be full undo support.

I should be able to take another look at it on Wednesday evening.  Fingers
crossed it will be ready for testing by then.

Hang in there,

Tom.