[Openstreetmap-dev] Compiling on Zaurus

immanuel.scholz at gmx.de immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Fri Aug 12 09:40:09 BST 2005

Hi,

anyone out here who succeded in compiling ANY qtopia-thingamabob under
Zaurus Cxx00, original Sharp ROM? I tried about 10 hour without success,
followed several HOWTOs including the Trolltech's official tutorial. The
best I got was a linker complain about missing libraries. It seems that
the Zaurus verison QTopia 1.5.4 is a somewhat modified 1.5.0 - version of
QTopia, but binary incompatible :-(((. Sharp does not response to
questions about a development environment. The only one they distribute
runs on C780, but not on any C1000, C3000 or C3100.

If that fails, I'll try to install J2ME on my Zaurus (again: Any
experience among you?) and convert the applet. This way, it may be
possible to support Mobiles, PDA's and other small devices with one
application :-). And I'm far better in Java then C++.

Ciao, Imi.