[Openstreetmap-dev] OSM's Schema - moving it forwards.

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Thu Dec 1 10:57:34 GMT 2005

Immanuel Scholz wrote:
> My suggestion schema was the idea of reference data objects by id and send
> it as a list rather than a hirachical tree where every data object contain
> the full data of all childs, even if that mean to double data (as in GPX).

Imi,

Your draft schema has been around weeks/months.  We're not arguing about
that, it was very useful (though there _are_ things that still need
discussion).  We're arguing about starting yet another discussion about
formats, and in a different place.  When *you* started to discuss it, it
was because the current format was inadequate, and it was totally
appropriate. But I don't see that problem now, which is why I so quickly
had issues with Andy's proposal.

Ben's already covered the reasons why we chose to rant about XML, and
he's right.

Please, again, if you care about this stuff, take it to the wiki... and
don't be afraid to put half-baked thoughts on the wiki - that's what
it's for!

Best,

Tom.