[Openstreetmap-dev] Re: [Openstreetmap] osm-editor update

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Tue Dec 6 08:31:44 GMT 2005

(moved to dev)

>This will not work if two people edit at the same time.  If I was
>going to implement this I would do the changes locally and then
>download the current state and merge the changes before uploading.

Sounds very nasty :-)

Given your comments I think I'll make OSM data "read only" (used for
reference if you are adding brand new data) unless you're in live update
mode.
Will also make the code significantly cleaner as well, a lot of the
hackiness is down to having to do repeated uploads of updated segments.

Nick