[Openstreetmap-dev] Re: [Openstreetmap] osm-editor update

Tommy Persson tpe at ida.liu.se
Tue Dec 6 10:51:33 GMT 2005

> From: "Immanuel Scholz" <immanuel.scholz at gmx.de>
>
> I think it is even impossible to detect that an user added data was
> already added by another person. All we (offline editor writers) can do is
> provide simple and good features to merge together two accidential added
> streets, nodes or lines.

Yes, in the general case.  But in this case (update of tags or
meta-information) I think the probability for concurrent updates are
higher but on the other hand you should be able to solve it by just
locking one node or segment a short time.  Or have some atomic update.
The situation I had in mind was two people adding name for segments or
adding type of segments at the same time.

/Tommy