[Openstreetmap-dev] Problems with dev server

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Sat Dec 10 16:45:19 GMT 2005

* @ 10/12/05 12:26:22 PM nick at hogweed.org wrote:
> On Saturday 10 December 2005 12:15, nick at hogweed.org wrote:
> > Hello Steve,
> >
> > Am having problems with the dev server. Have set up according to the wiki
> > page (including adding the DNS record) but the URL
>
> Just noticed one other issue - the files copied to /var/www/nick were the old
> version of OSM (no slippy map) and several key components were not installed
> to /var/www/nick, e.g. wms.map and streets.rbx. Was this intentional?

This was two bugs

1) the old html file was being copied soo you saw that because

2) your apache config wasn't live. redeploy and try now.

no, the tile stuff isn't done yet and also not everything works on you
dev site because $MACHINE_NAME or whatever I called it in servinfo.rb
isn't respected everywhere. Need to remove all the hardcoded
'www.openstreetmap.org' strings and so on...

have fun,