[Openstreetmap-dev] Re: [Openstreetmap] GPX uploading fixed

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Wed Dec 21 14:09:43 GMT 2005

> [Moved to dev list]
>
> On 21/12/05, Mikel Maron <mikel_maron at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> discovered and fixed a bug.
>
> Great! Thanks!
>
>>if problems develop again, you know what to do
>> :)
>
> Unfortunately not!

Email this list and look on Trac to see if anyone else has trouble, if
nobody else has reported it then sumbit a ticket to Trac (you need to log
in using your OpenStreetMap account).

Trac lives here...
http://www.openstreetmap.org/Trac

> There's little documentation about what code does
> what, where it resides, and who has permissions to change it.

There are lots of small pieces of code, and depending on the problem and
your expertise/interests the answer to those questions is different.

The code can be browsed through Trac.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/Trac/Browse

In general, anyone who wants access to the repository can have it (just
ask Steve).  Deploying changes is still a bit of a dark art - only a few
of us have the required permissions - but I usually leave that to Steve
anyway.

> I've cobbled a page on the wiki, and it looks like "Blackadder" is
> adding something useful soon. Could anyone who knows anything about
> the software architecture please add to to wiki?
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/Source_Overview

You'll probably get quite a lot of hints if you look for Steve's notes on
setting up a development server account - they are on the wiki.

Tom.