[Openstreetmap-dev] REST

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Tue Jul 19 11:32:35 BST 2005

* @ 18/07/05 02:21:48 PM tom at tom-carden.co.uk wrote:
> Hopefully someone else can point us in the right direction?  Until we get
> to representing the modification history of the maps, would GPX be a
> sufficient format?

Its extendable, so yes. In theory we could wrap everything in gpx which
would be very nice.

However I'm not sure that I'm up for exahstively doing the DTD
validation type stuff. Its very extensive in gpx.

So my answer is, I'd be willing to use gpx for everything, and update
the REST examples as I do them on the wiki to use it but making a DTD
and so on might melt my brain and will therefore wait for someone else
or me to have time... It would be nice to have it all 'proper' xml for
1.0 though, so I don't know.

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/