[Openstreetmap-dev] events today

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Sun Jul 24 20:33:52 BST 2005

Hello friends,

Today we reached svn commit 500.

With much thanks to Matt we have http simple authentication working for
the new REST API. We also have the ability to get a single nodes
information.

Ruby has a cool reflection module that lets you specify a class which
takes in xml, lets you access it as an object and then back again to
xml. It allows you to embed methods too:

http://xml-mapping.rubyforge.org/

Matt is looking at this. It will speed things substantially. Whether it
works or not, with the groundwork in place it will now be relatively
simple to add functionality to the API.

The updates are reflected on the REST wiki page:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/REST

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/