[Openstreetmap-dev] More Landsat stuff

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Sun May 8 22:48:22 BST 2005

Hello everyone,

Have now improved the Landsat support in osmeditor. The app is now more robust
to moving around with the arrow keys and scaling - if you scale a new load of
Landsat data at the new scale will be grabbed. Get it from the OpenStreetmap
subversion archive or at
http://www.free-map.org.uk/downloads/osm-editor-080505-2233.tar.gz.

I have also now added polygon drawing support. Polygon mode (the fourth mode
toolbar button) allows you to hand-draw polygons (woods, lakes etc) over the
top of such features identified through the Landsat data. Polygons can be
saved to GPX: they will be defined by the <polygon> and <polypt> tag within
the <extensions> tag. The rationale for putting them in GPX rather than some
other separate file is that I wanted to keep one map "scene" (paths,
waypoints and polygons) all in the one file.

Nick