[Openstreetmap-dev] Re: [Openstreetmap] Downloading OSM data

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Sun Nov 6 18:27:01 GMT 2005

hi andy, list,

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 05:58:43PM -0000, Andy Robinson wrote:
> I'll think you will find that the trackpoint data is timestamp order, or at
> least in the order they were parsed into the database. If you save the

This is fair enough. It's as much the gaps between the times, as the
ordering of the points, that can be useful for inferring where
segments should join or break. This is not a use case i have, more of
an undeserved nitpick or a call to the principle of "why *not* publish
as much data using HTTP/XML as there is internally?".

I understand there may have been privacy concerns particularly from
data that is other peoples' commercial detritus.
But points coming out of the API dont have track creator data.

I don't mean to seem harping with complaints; champing at the bit more
like, to be able to get at the map bundles for updates...

-jo