[Openstreetmap-dev] Node / line segment database statistics separation

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Nov 15 11:01:36 GMT 2005

I see your logic here. Its just that I know we have a lot of loose nodes out
there so was surprised by the difference. But if zero length segments is the
reason then that could be the cause.

>> I have also noted when editing that you can make a line segment from a
>node
>> and this seems to stick. Does it mean we have a large number of zero
>length
>> line segments on the database?
>>

>Do you mean it's possible to create a line with the same start and end
>node?  Yeah, we should catch that, but if nobody has done it on purpose
>then it'll be easy to delete them all at once from the database.

Yes, you can by accident and sometimes you don't realise that you have done
it. The node retains white in the editor when you refresh but I believe many
are invisible because they lie under proper segments. Should be easy to
check the database anyway.

>Best,
>
>Tom.

Andy